Corn Rolls, Veg Corn Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 405 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69130 times
These scrumptious Corn Rolls stand apart from other run-of-the-mill Starters / Snacks due to the tongue-tickling Oriental-style filling of corn, onions and green chillies perked up with soy sauce.
Bread acts as the holder for this mixture, while plain flour helps seal the rolls. Drain the oil well after deep-frying these rolls and serve them hot and crisp with your favourite sauce.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, soy sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture becomes dry, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and approx. 5 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Roll each bread slice with a help of a rolling pin.
- Place a rolled bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of the prepared filling at one end of the bread slice and roll it up tightly.
- Apply a little plain flour-water mixture on all the sides to seal the edges completely.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 11 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few rolls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cut each roll diagonally into two and served immediately with schezuan sauce or tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.