Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28380 times
Simple, easy and delicious rice recipe with corn kernels , potatoes and whole Indian spices. Corn rice is a nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe and is a favorite rice dish among children because of its appealing looks and delectable taste.
Add your private note
Corn Rice recipe - How to make Corn Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cook rice with turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp. salt (so that each grain is separated).
- Heat ghee, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cashwenuts.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry onion till golden brown.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add ground masala and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled corn and 1/2 cup water and let is cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and stir.
- Take rice in a large plate.
- Pour mixture over rice and mix it well with hands.
- Keep on gas for 5 minutes on slow flame
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves
- Alternative after being mixed take in an overproof dish.
- Bake on high in hot over for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
This recipe was contributed by shahsejals on 24 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.