Corn Panki ( Healthy Breakfast Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49491 times
Corn and semolina pancakes cooked between circles of banana leaves. Accompanied with a tall glass of milkshake, this truly is a healthy breakfast.
- Using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter, cut out 32 rounds of the banana leaves. Grease the banana leaf rounds with some oil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, semolina, coriander, green chillies, curds, oil, salt and 1/3 cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and place 4 greased banana leaf rounds on it.
- Pour a spoonful of the corn mixture on each banana leaf round and cover with another greased banana leaf round. Cook on both sides till the banana leaves brown slightly and the pancake in-between peels off the banana leaf easily.
- Repeat twice to make 12 more pankis.
- Serve hot with carrot garlic chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.