Corn Palak Subzi ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 261529 times
Widely available and full of nutrients, spinach makes a colourful and flavoursome companion to corn in this Corn Palak Subzi.
Spinach is one of the fat-free ways of adding antioxidants antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin A and folate. These together will work to keep your heart free of diseases.
Sweet Corn, on the other hand, is known to reduce cholesterol levels and promote heart health.
Diabetics are advised to replace the sweet corn with low fat paneer due to the high glycemic load of sweet corn.
This subzi is a fairly good source of calcium which will aid in promoting bone strength. The fibre from spinach, sweet corn and tomatoes will help to cleanse your digestive tract too.
Enjoy them with whole wheat phulkas instead of maida based naan.
Try other healthy subzis like Tendli aur Matki ki Subzi and Hariyali Mutter.
Enjoy how to make Corn Palak Subzi recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves ,sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it in a mixer to a smooth purée along with coriander, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with phulkas or parathas.
Corn Palak (Iron and Vitamin A rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 97 kcal.|
|Protein|| 2.1 gm.|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.2 gm.|
|Fat|| 2.0 gm.|
|Vitamin A|| 1332.3 mcg.|
|Vitamin C|| 22.1 mg|
|Iron|| 0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 40.2 mcg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.