Corn Methi Pulao ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25948 times
There are some days when you are so tired that you want to pamper yourself, but without much effort. This quick, tasty homemade dinner will serve the purpose even better than an hour at the spa!
Corn is usually very friendly with all other ingredients; but it seems to be best friends with methi, because the duo dances together so perfectly in this pulao, which you will enjoy so much that you will want to keep making it very often.
After all, it is also easy to make. The key is to have it really hot… hot enough to warm you up even if it is peak winter!
If you wish you can team it up with Tamatar ki Kadhi to satiate you in a tasteful way when you are oh-so-hungry!
- Combine the rice and enough water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute.
- Add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onions, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the green chillies, sweet corn, fenugreek leaves and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained rice, 3 cups of water and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 18 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with curds and papad.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.