Corn Korma, Veg Makai Korma
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 218 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41101 times
Quick and easy but absolutely tasty, the Corn Korma is a special treat that will be please everyone! It has a unique mouth-feel that is soft and luscious, as it is made with grated corn.
The corn is perked up with green chillies and a paste of coconut and pepper, as well as a tempering of mustard seeds in ghee. A dash of asafoetida gives the Corn Korma an aromatic boost, inviting everybody to the table.
When corn is in season, make sure you cook this delicacy and enjoy it hot and fresh with rotis or rice .
You can also try other corn treats like Corn Pakodas and Corn Dosa .
- Combine the milk and plain flour in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared paste, milk-plain flour mixture and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.