Corn Garlic Khichu
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11981 times
Khichu made from rice flour is famous amongst Gujarati’s but now a day it is famous and popular amongst all of us. There are many varieties of khichu now a day. Here is khichu made from Corn with the combination of garlic, rice flour and moong dal flour which is healthy, tasty and full of fiber and it is low calorie.
Add your private note
Corn Garlic Khichu recipe - How to make Corn Garlic Khichu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat water in non stick pan, when boiled add soda bi-carb, chili ginger paste, asafoetida,and corn, mix well.
- Add rice flour, moong dal flour, salt and curd, mix well.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer half of the mixture to greased thali, steam in a steamer for 10-12 minutes.
- Similarly steam the other thali for remaining mixture.
- Transfer to greased bowl, unmould in serving plate.
- Heat oil in non stick pan, add chopped garlic, stir for a minute, switch off the gas.
- Add methia masala.
- Pour this tempering on khichu.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- Chilkewali moong dal flour is readily available in market, but if you don’t have the flour, you can crush chilkewali moong dal and strain the same and can use the same in place of moong dal flour.
- You can add more moong dal flour and curd also.
- If you want to omit tempering you can omit the same and can serve only steamed khichu also, it will be corn khichu instead of Corn garlic khichu.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 24 Jun 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.