by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6614 times
Truly a blockbuster, these Corn Fritters have a very special texture and taste, which combines the innate sweetness of corn with the spicy notes of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
Mashed potatoes and bread crumbs help to hold these fritters together, and give them a unique texture that is super crisp outside and slightly soft inside.
A sprinkling of chaat masala completes the picture, by elevating the peppiness of this crispy treat. When served with the described Curd Dip, the Corn Fritters taste just perfect.
You can make the mixture for the Corn Fritters beforehand and put them in the fridge, ready to deep-fry when the guests arrive.
Try other corn recipes like Corn Pakodas and Corn On Crackers .
- Blend the bread slices in a mixer till smooth.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the fresh bread crumbs in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the corn fritter mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a round flat fritter.
- Roll each fritter into the cornflour and breadcrumbs evenly.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few fritters at time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle little chaat masala evenly over each fritter and serve immediately with the curd dip.
Nutrient values per fritter
|Vitamin A||66.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.