Corn Flakes Chivda ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35592 times
Kids love corn flakes. Why not send it as a surprise treat in their snack box, in a dry and savoury form?
In this innovative Corn Flakes Chivda recipe, crisp-fried corn flakes are combined with crunchy peanuts, chana dal and spice powders to make a really exciting snack, which can be stored in an air-tight container for a few days.
You can send it to school for a short break, as an accompaniment to their tiffin, or serve it as an after-school or between-play hunger chaser.
Also pack some Chana Chaat ( Tiffin Treats For Kids ) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add little corn flakes at a time and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same deep non-stick kadhai, add the peanuts and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same deep non-stick kadhai, add the roasted chana dal and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the side. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the fried corn flakes, peanuts, chana dal and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Corn flakes Chivda (Diwali Dry Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||200.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.