Corn Chowder Soup ( Quick Soup )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14335 times
A foodie’s delight, the Corn Chowder Soup is also quick and easy to make. It is a typical American thick soup made of boiled sweet corn and sautéed onions, enhanced by the pleasant tang of celery and aromatic nutmeg. The use of milk makes this wholesome soup all the more satiating.
- Combine the corn with 1 cup of water and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the nutmeg powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Corn Chowder Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||230.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||36 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.