Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2542 times
Soup is really rich and creamy! correct the consistency, if needed: to make the soup thinner, add a little milk. to make the soup thicker, simmer another 5-10 minutes
- On medium heat, melt butter, and simmer onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add water, potato, corn, and seasonings. cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or untill potatoes are barely tender.
- Whisk the flour into 1 cup of the half and half, and stir into the soup.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of half and half.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the soup has thickened to a creamy consistency.
- Correct the seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by 01234 on 13 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.