Corn Cheese Balls Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64409 times
For many, especially kids, Corn Cheese Balls tops the chart of yummiest snacks!
In this innovative recipe, whole wheat rotis are packed with delightfully tasty corn cheese balls and a chunky salsa of tomatoes and capsicum perked up with spring onions and herbs.
Ingredients like lettuce and crushed nacho chips add more textures to the Corn Cheese Balls Wrap, while mayonnaise and ketchup make it so creamy and tasty! Assemble the wraps just before serving.
You can also try other interesting wraps like Asparagus and Baby Corn Wrap and Thai Satay Paneer Wrap .
- Combine 1 cup of plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Transfer into a plate and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cheese, sweet corn, coriander, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each into a round.
- Dip each ball into the prepared plain flour-water mixture and coat it in bread crumbs till it evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few balls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste, green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture using 2 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, place 2 tbsp of salsa in the centre and spread it lightly.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce evenly over the salsa.
- Arrange 3 cheese corn balls evenly over it and press it lightly.
- Put 1 tbsp of mayonnaise, 2 tsp of tomato ketchup and 2 tbsp of nacho chips evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.