Corn Chaat By Vivekseth
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13094 times
Spicy,sweet and sour corn chaat. Serve immediately.
- Boil the tamarind and jaggery in 1/2 cup of water.
- Remove from the flame. Sieve it and use the pulp for the chutney.
- In a pan add the tamarind pulp, salt, cumin seeds powder and chilli powder mix well and simmer it for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Soak fresh corn kernels for 5-6 hours. Coarsely grind and boil it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in non-stick add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the turmeric powder and green chillies, saute for few seconds on a medium flame.
- Add the salt,lemon juice and boiled corn saute it for few seconds on medium flame. Keep aside.
- Cut the leftover chapaties in square and deep-fry it.
- Combine the spicy corn, chopped potatoes, fried chapaties, boondi and onions mix well in a bowl and place it on a serving plate.
- Spread evenly the three chutneys on the corn mixture.
- Sprinkle sev and coriander.
- Serve immediately
This recipe was contributed by vivekseth on 02 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.