Corn Butter Methi Pulao
by Foodie #48100
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5859 times
Simple, easy and delicious rice recipe with chopped fenugreek(methi) leaves , potatoes, peas and whole indian spices. Methi mutter pulao is a nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe. Serve methi mutter pulao with raita and papad.
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Put two cups of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker and add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, corn and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the rice and two cups of hot water along with the salt and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and papad canapes.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.