Corn- Spinach and Cheese Tikki
by Palak Rajput
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24376 times
Corn-Spinach and Cheese Tikki, unlike other tikkis where all the ingredients are just mixed, shaped and deep fried, this tikki has a wonderful crunchy covering made from a dough of spinach, besan, rice flour and bread crumbs and is stuffed with cheesy, minty corn. Every morsel of this delicious tikki with intriguing flavours will be devoured with a "wow" from the very first bite itself.
- Combine the besan, rice flour, bread crumbs, spinach, chat masala, turmeric powder, ginger-chilli paste, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and mix well to make a stiff dough for tikki.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the corn, cheese, pepper, lemon juice, mint, coriander salt and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease your hands with little oil and place a portion of the dough and spread a little.
- Place a portion of the filling in between and seal the tikki by bringing the edges together at the centre.
- Repeat the procedure 1 and 2 to make 14 more tikkis.
- Roll the tikkis on the semolina and coat them evenly from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in deep pan and shallow fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve with sauce or chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 30 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.