by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73908 times
How will this taste, you might wonder, without even green chillies or ginger for flavour, but you must taste it to believe how simple rice can transform into a delicious roti when cooked perfectly and topped generously with ghee. The aroma of roasted rice will taunt your taste buds, and make you finish off a whole roti even without any accompaniments. However, the coorgi roti must be had steaming hot, right off the tava.
- Combine the steamed rice along with little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl ,add the remaining ingredients and knead into a semi stiff dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve immediately topped with ghee.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.