Cool Chenna Pudding
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4147 times
instead of vanilla ice-cream we can use kesar pista icecream,while mixing chenna with sugar add kesar-gulabjal paste to it.
omit vanilla essence, nuts and chocolate pcs.
- Dissolve the citric acid in 1/2 cup of water and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil stirring continuously.
- Let the milk cool a bit for 5-6 minutes
- Add citric acid mixture and stir the milk .
- The milk mill curdle and the whey will separate. allow it to rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain out all the whey using a clean muslin cloth.
- Immeditely pour chilled water on the chenna.
- Sqeeze the cloth tight so that no water is left.
- Remove the chenna onto a clean plate and knead gently so that it is free of lumps and take care not to apply too much pressure while kneading the chenna.
- Mix icing sugar with prepared chenna well.
- In a liquidiser mix chenna,icecream,essence and blend it well.
- Fold nuts and chocolate pcs in the icecream-chenna mixture.
- Pour it in individual bowls,sprinkle some kesar strands on it.
- Decorate with cherries
- Serve chilled
This recipe was contributed by kritika92 on 22 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.