Colorful American Corn Salad
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10533 times
Add just enough water when you pressure cook the corn. the drained water can be used in soups or even in dals.
be careful while the white til splutters. it has a tendency to fly.
you can use just one type of capsicum also
- Pressure cook the corn with the turmeric powder and salt.drain and cool.
- Cut all the vegetables into small cubes or into fine juliennes
- Prepare a dressing of the lime juice,salt,sugar and pepper powder.
- Once the corn has cooled ,add all the vegetables and the prepared dressing.
- Sprinkle the chopped chillies,coriander leaves and mint leaves on top.
- Now heat a tadka vessel on a low fire.add the oil.once oil is smoking add the white til. once it sputters add the mustard seeds and at the end the asafoetida powder.
- Remove from fire and pour over the salad mixture.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
- Enjoy a really colorful and healthy salad.
- It makes a meal by itself!!!
This recipe was contributed by mithril on 04 May 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.