by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8128 times
Surprise your friends with this delicious pastry. Suitable for any occasion.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured board into 2 large circles to fit a 200 mm. ( 8) diameter pie dish.
- Place the pastry un ungreased pie dishes of this size. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°f for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the pastry shells.
- Spread the bottom of the pastries with raspberry jam.
- Whisk the egg - whites stiffly.
- Add half the sugar and whisk until very stiff.
- Fold in the remaining sugar gradually with 75 grams ( 3 oz. ) of the coconut.
- Lightly spread this mixture over the jam.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cocoanut and bake in the centre of a moderate oven at 350°f for 25 minutes.
- Cool the pastry.
- Cut into fingers and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.