Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15176 times
An unique version of a typical traditional south indian delicacy, sambhar. Coconut sambar has lentils mixed with coconut paste and cooked with spices and authentic tempering ingredients. A nice variation of sambar recipe.
Add your private note
Coconut Sambhar recipe - How to make Coconut Sambhar
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Roast the mustard seeds, fenugeek seeds and curry leaves in a little oil for 1 minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with the fresh coconut till smooth. Keep aside.
- Boil the vegetables in tamarind extract and add salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and boil till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the ground paste, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the seasoning, mix well and serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by Ranjani on 25 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.