Coconut Sago Pudding with Plum and Apple Compote
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2857 times
Sabudana is always used on Ekadasi and other days of fasting at home. We prepare a no cook meal with sabudana which is soaked in water overnight and then drained and mixed with banana, coconut, fruits of choice, jaggery, milk/ yogurt to make a wholesome meal. But this time I have made coconut sago pudding with plums and apple compote for a wholesome dessert. The sweetness from the sago pudding and the contrasting sweet and sour flavor from the fruit compote makes this a unique dish even to try during fasting.
- Wash and soak the sago in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat milk in a deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil, add the crushed cardamoms and sugar to it. Let it boil on low heat till it reduces to half of its quantity.
- Add the drained sago along with 1/4 cup water, coconut and let it come to a boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or till it is cooked. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled pour into serving glasses and keep in the refrigerator to set for minimum 45 minutes.
- Place the apples and plums in a pan along with 1/4 cup sugar, juice of a lemon and simmer four 15 minutes till the apples and plums break down slightly.
- Turn off the heat and pour the apple and plum compote on top of the chilled Sago coconut pudding and garnish with sliced apples and plums and a piece of mint leaves on top.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 30 Aug 2016Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.