Coconut Rice with Fenugreek Seeds
by Nupurs UK Rasoi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8206 times
A very different and unusual rice made in coconut milk, with fenugreek seeds adding to the taste and health. A perfect rice dish for elderly people, due to its high fiber and iron content. Very good in diabetes. .
- Drain the soaked rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add methi seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add kasuri methi and fry for just 10 seconds.
- Add grated coconut and roast on low flame for another minute or so, till it gets a bit brown.
- Add the rice and roast on a slow flame for a minute or so.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, turn the flame to low and add salt and coconut milk.
- Cook rice covered for like 8-10 minutes on low flame untill it absorbs whole of the coconut milk.
- Garnish with coriander and pepper.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Nupurs UK Rasoi on 24 Aug 2013I am a passionate Food Blogger, amateur Photographer and avid reader. I combine all my life experien...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.