Coconut Rice Recipe
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4805 times
A delicious recipe which tastes very delicious when served piping hot.
- Clean, wash and keep the rice aside for 20 minutes.
- Pressure cook the rice for 2 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and spread the rice in a thali to cool. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cashewnuts and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the urad dal and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the coconut, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and saute for 10 seconds,
- Add the cooked rice, remove from the flame and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vgeet1 on 25 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.