Coconut Rice ( Rice)
This recipe has been viewed 2336 times
The tempering of dals, curry leaves and chillies in coconut oil is very aromatic and characteristic of south indian cooking. Coconut rice tastes good with sambhar or any south indian subzi.
- In a broad pan brin to a boil 1 cup of water, add the rice, 1 tsp of oil or ghee and cook till the rice is fluffy.
- Spread the cooked rice in a plate.
- In a kadhai heat the coconut oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, red chilli, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves.
- Add the grated coconut and salt, mix well and roast the tempering on a low flame till the dal and coconut emits a nice aroma, taking care that the colour of the coconut does not change.
- Add the tempering mixture to the cooked rice.
- In a pan roast the cashewnuts in ghee and add to coconut rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 30 Nov 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.