Coconut Potato Balls
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5943 times
Coconut potato balls is an unique fried snack recipe with mashed potato and sweet potato balls filled with coconut filling and then fried till puris.Serve the crispy coconut potato balls as farali snack item or vegetable dish with curd or raita.
- Make a dough by mashing the potaoes and sweet potato together; use the upvaas bhajani for binding it together.
- Grind the roasted jeera and green chillies and mix it well.
- In the grated coconut and add lime juice and salt (as per taste) to the mixture.
- Take a ball of dough(a big lemon size) and flatten it into a puri shape on your hands.
- Fill a teaspoon of coconut filling on it and close the ends of puri to form a stuffed ball.
- Deep fry the balls in ghee.
- Serve with coconut corriander chutney.
This recipe was contributed by anjor on 07 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.