Coconut Pineapple Bhapa Doi (steamed Sweet Yogurt Pudding)
This recipe has been viewed 2460 times
Bhapa Doi the all time favourite Bengali delicacy with a twist! It has coconut and pineapple flavours. A perfect steamed dessert to serve on a festive day.
- Combine milkmaid, curds, coconut milk, coconut essence and 1/3 cup chopped pineapple in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover it using an aluminium foil.
- Steam in a steamer for 20 minutes on a medium flame.
- Combine the chopped pineapple and sugar with 1/4 cup water and cook in a non-stick pan till pineapple is well cooked and the consistency is as thick as jam.
- Spread the pineapple jam on top of the cooked pudding and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by SprinkleSomeSalt on 20 Nov 2015A passionate cook who loves all beautiful things
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.