Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7209 times
A fresh coconut flavoured coconut payasam recipe prepared form freshly grated coconut as ingredient. The payasam has the coconut cooked with milk and sugar and then served as a dessert after meals.
- Soak the rice in hot water for 1/2 hour.
- Add the coconut and blend in a mixer into a coarse paste.
- Boil 1/2 cup water, add the paste and mix well while stirring continuously till the mixture cooks well.
- Add the grated jaggery, mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the cardamom and some ghee.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 25 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.