Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4750 times
Coconut pathiri is a typical Keralite Muslim cuisine specialty with pathris or chapattis prepared from a dough comprising of rice flour and coconut. Pour coconut milk over the coconut pathris and enjoy as breakfast.
- Boil the water in a deep dish and when boiling switch off the stove and put in the rice flour into it and close it with a lid.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and mix the flour nicely and knead the dough adding the coconut when it is hot itself.
- Make balls out of the dough and press to make pathiris (like chappathis) but a bit more thicker, using rice flour to press.
- Heat a tava and cook the pathiris on both sides.
- Pour some coconut milk over the pathiri's while serving.
This recipe was contributed by izmira on 03 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.