Coconut Pachadi / Coconut Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26490 times
Well, if you like dips and raitas, check out their South Indian equivalent – the refreshing raitas! Made by combining thick curds with veggies or other ingredients, the highlight of any pachadi is the traditional tempering, which adds an irresistible aroma to the simple dish, making it irresistible. Here is a delectable pachadi made of coconut and curds, perked up with ginger and green chillies. You will love the mellow yet tangy flavour of this pachadi with the pleasant crunch of coconut. Keep all the ingredients ready, but mix in the curd just before serving, so that it remains thick and creamy. Serve it fresh with tangy, spicy rice preparations like Tamarind Rice or Tomato Rice( South Indian Recipes )
- Combine the coconut, curds, green chillies, ginger and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the coconut-curds mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.