Coconut Milk Veg Pulao
This recipe has been viewed 228 times
Healthy recipe with richness of coconut milk.
Add your private note
Coconut Milk Veg Pulao recipe - How to make Coconut Milk Veg Pulao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Wash and soak the rice in water for half an hour.
- Grind green chilli, ginger, garlic and fennel seeds to a fine paste.
- In a pressure pan, add ghee and oil, when it turns hot add bay leaf, kapok buds, star anise, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and give it a stir till nice aroma comes.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till the onion changes to pink colour.
- Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and sauté for few seconds followed by ginger garlic, chilli and fennel paste. Sauté till it releases a nice aroma.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and mix well.
- Add in the soaked and drained rice and salt and mix well.
- Add 4 cups of coconut milk and mix well
- Close the lid of pressure pan and cook for 1 whistle.
- When the pressure subsides, open the lid and transfer the rice to a serving plate.
- This makes a healthy and rich aromatic rice for lunch box too.
This recipe was contributed by MSangeetha on 26 Apr 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.