Coconut Mango Chutney
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3210 times
You will find that many homes have their own variations of this flavorful coconut-mango chutney recipe.
Whatever the variation, once you taste this wonderful combination of mango-coconut chutney, you are hooked..:)
- Saute the green chillis in a tsp of oil for a few seconds. keep aside.
- Grind the coconut, mango pieces, sautéed green chillies and salt to a coarse paste by adding little water.
- A stone mortar is recommended to crush them but you can use a blender too. (the flavor of the stone crushed chutney (pachadi) is far more superior to the blender-ground pachadi)
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the split black gram and let it brown.
- Add the curry leaves and dry red chilli and toss them till the flavors come out.
- Turn off heat and add the asafoetida and pour immediately to the ground mango-coconut pachadi and combine.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and ghee.
- You can also serve with dosas and idlis.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 08 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.