Coconut Layer Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15592 times
A picture - party tea - time cake with rich fillings of chocolate.
Add your private note
Coconut Layer Cake recipe - How to make Coconut Layer Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Cream the butter and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Separate the eggs.
- Sieve the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg - yolks, one at a time, into the cream mixture.
- Add the flour alternately with milk and add the vanilla essence. Mix wirh a light hand.
- Beat the egg - whites stiffly. Add to the cake mixture. Mix well with a light hand.
- Grease and dust two 175 mm. (7") diameter sandwich tins.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tins 10 minutes. Thereafter, reduce the temperature to 350°f. And bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Cool the cakes.
- Divide each cake horizontally into 2 parts.
- Sandwich together with chocolate butter cream.
- Coat the cakes with white glace icing.
- Before the icing is dry, sprinkle thickly with desiccated coconut.
- Decorate with glace cheeries and angelica leaves.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.