Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3243 times
If you are using non-stick tawa you need not use oil for the dosa at all since coconut on heating leaves adequate grease. those using other than non-stick tawa might require a little oil so that dosa come out easily.
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil.
- Add 4 cups water to the mixture little by little.
- Beat the mixture continuously until smooth.
- Switch on the gas and place the vessel containing the mixture.
- Stir continuously for 3-5 mins.
- Let the mixture thicken to dosa consistency.
- Let the mixture not overcook.
- Beat it well again. leave the mixture for 2
- Heat the tava. put a teaspoon of oil on the tava.
- When the tava gets heated, pour a little mixture on it. put oil on the sides of the dosa.
- When it turns golden brown turn the dosa.
- When brown on the other side too, take it out on a plate.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.
This recipe was contributed by indirakumar on 03 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.