Coconut Corn Parathas
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4587 times
Corn parathas offers an interesting stuffed paratha recipe with the wheat dough balls stuffed with boiled and mashed corn kernels. A spicy and delicious corn paranthas are flavoured by children and adults alike as a breakfast or tiffin option.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and green chillies, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the coriander powder, corn, cashews, raisins, grated coconut, salt and garam masala, mix well and saute on a a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the corn is cooked.
- Divide the filling into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by palavi on 30 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.