by LOPA SHAH
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6055 times
An all time favourite accompaniment to be served which goes well with south Indian snacks like idli and dosa.
- Dry Roast Urad Dal.
- MIx together roasted Urad dal and green chillies in a blender and grind the same.
- Add grated coconut, coriander leaves, little water and salt and grind to make a fine and smooth paste.If the mixture is thick, add a little water.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in non stick pan, add mustard seeds, when the seeds crackles add urad dal when the urad dal turns golden brown, add curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated.Use as required.
- Use this chutney on the same day otherwise you will get bitterness in the taste.
- You can store grated coconut in an air tight container in a deep freezer,so as to save time in preparing this chutney when you are in hurry.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 09 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.