Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8186 times
A simple sweet dish recipe, the popular Coconut burfi is prepared by melting the ghee on a heavy bottomed pan and then adding the grated coconut , sugar and chopped cashews into it. Cut the coconut mixture into squares or diamond shapes and garnish with crushed cashew.
- Melt the ghee in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the grated coconut and sugar. stir continuously over a low flame.
- Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is thick.
- Lightly grease a large plate with ghee.
- Pour the mixture over the plate.
- Level the mixture. let it cool.
- When cold, cut into squares or diamonds and decorate each piece with a cashew.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.