Coconut Barfi By mcgraff
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5265 times
Pamper your sweet taste buds with the Coconut burfi prepared in a traditional and authentic way. The freshly grated coconut is cooked with milk, sugar and flavoured with elaichi powder before placing on a greased tray. Cut the coconut burfi in any desired shape and size and enjoy as snack or dessert after meals.
- Heat the milk till it begins to boil.
- Add the coconut. lower heat and cook until all the milk has boiled down.
- Now add the sugar and ghee.
- Now add the saffron and cardamom powder.
- Stir well and put into a greased thali or plate.
- Decorate with almonds.
- Cut into squares when cool.
This recipe was contributed by MCGRAFF on 13 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.