Coconut Barfi By kavitakj
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11778 times
Learn the way to prepare the popular Indian sweet dish, the Coconut barfi . The coconut powder or grated coconut is cooked on a hot pan with ghee, sugar and flavoured with elaichi powder. A simple dessert item , which can also be given in tiffins for children .
- Take the mawa and milk in a pan. cook on low flame for a while.
- Add the dessicated coconut and stir continuously so that the mixture does not stick to the sides of the pan.
- Add sugar and cook till the coconut becomes translucent.
- Remove the mawa
- Mixture from the flame. add the cashew nuts and elaichi powder to the
- Place the mixture on a thali. place the silver vark on it.
- Cut into desired shapes. serve.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.