Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11477 times
Miniature idlis served with a tadka of different spices in oil. You can serve the idlis with green chutney.
- Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer and leave the batter aside for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Add the salt and pour a little mixture into the greased idli moulds.
- Cook in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the fenugreek seeds, hing ,curry leaves and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add this to the cooked idlis and toss well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sammaha on 24 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.