Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1650 times
9. tip: to decorate the cocoa-walnut squares, powder sugar finely. make a heart shaped stencil,(or any desired shape) using a chart paper, place this stencil on one square piece and dust the powdered sugar on the heart shape using a tea strainer. decorate the other pieces the same way.
- Finely chop the walnuts and keep aside.
- Take the sugar in a non-stick pan, add 75ml water, keep over medium flame and cook it.
- Allow the mixture to boil for some time till the sugar is dissolved.(approx. 10 mins.)
- Add the maida to the above mixture, lower the gas flame and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee, finely chopped walnuts to the above mixture and also add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cook well over low flame till it becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.(approx. 10 mins)
- remove from heat and pour onto a greased plate.
- Cut into squares once it cools and serve the cocoa walnut squares.
This recipe was contributed by ushaparasuram on 26 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.