Club Sandwich ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45225 times
Club sandwich, fusion of east and west, this sandwich is truly an unusual combination of whole wheat bread and mixed flour chilas. Nutritious and tasty, enjoy this wholesome snack ideal to pep you up at any time during the day.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a smooth batter and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread one portion of the batter on it to form a thick round chila of 100 mm (4”) circle.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using ½ tsp of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 1 more chila. Keep aside.
- Apply ¼ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of chutney on all the toasted bread slices and keep aside.
- Place a toasted bread slice on a flat dry surface (with the chutney side facing up) and place a chila over it.
- Top with another toasted bread slice with the chutney side facing up.
- Place a lettuce leaf, 4 slices of cucumber and 4 slices of tomatoes over it and top with another toasted bread slice (with the chutney side facing down).
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.
- To make healthy green chutney, combine 2 cups of roughly chopped corriamder, ½ cup sliced onions, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar, 4 to 6 roughly chopped green chillies and salt to taste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using enough water. Keep refrigerated and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.