Clear Vegetable Soup with Tofu, Healthy Diabetic Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80765 times
This soup is not just easy and tasty but also convenient… since you can make it using whatever vegetables you can lay your hands on. You can even replace vegetable stock with the vegetable stock cubes available in the market.
A light soup full of the goodness of tofu and vegetables, it is low in calories and high in iron content. The unique blend of flavours, including the lemongrass highlight, is characteristic of Thai cooking. Soya sauce is high in sodium and hence I have used only 1 tsp, to be on the safe side, especially for those who have high blood pressure.
Tofu is very good for health, and is high in all nutrients; so, wherever possible, try replacing paneer with tofu.
You can also try other soups like Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup or Oats and Roasted Capsicum Soup .
- Put the vegetable stock to boil, add the button and oyster mushrooms, tofu, green chillies, galangal, lemon grass and lime leaves and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or till they release flavours.
- Add the soya sauce, tomatoes, spring onions, cilantro and salt, mix well and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from the flame and add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander sprigs.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.