Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4568 times
Tasty breakfast pancakes made with flour, egg and milk batter and sprinkled with cinnamon powder.
- Mix the cold milk and water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Seive the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and drop the egg.
- Mix to ensure all the flour is coated with the egg.
- Add the milk to this mixture a little at a time. (some of the milk might be leftover)
- Make sure you stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add cinnamon powder.
- Let the pancake mixture stand for a few minutes and then add the rest of the milk. mix.
- Allow the batter to stand for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick open pan, put a drop of oil.
- Pour out one ladle full of the batter into the centre of the pan. (do not spread the batter with spoon. simple pour into the centre).
- Cook on simmer for 1-2 mins on each side to get a golden coloured pancake.
- Pancakes cook fast so adjust heat accordingly.
- Remove to a plate and drench in maple syrup.
- Serve hot!
This recipe was contributed by smritichatterji on 19 May 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.