Cinnamon Cupcake ( Cupcakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16643 times
A spicy frosting on a vanilla cupcake, this is a gourmet preparation perfect for a fine audience. Those who like the sweet aroma of cinnamon are sure to go ga-ga over this luscious cupcake that echoes the wonders of this spice in every bite. Top it with nice colourful garnishes like edible balls and stars, and serve with flair at tea-time.
- Sieve the plan flour, baking powder, soda bi-carb and cinnamon powder together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the prepared flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½”) diameter aluminum moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes and then at 150ºc (300ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The sponge is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
- Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a deep bowl and beat it using a spatula.
- Add the icing sugar and cinnamon powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Fill the frosting in a piping bag and pipe out peaks or swirls of your choice on each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with edible coloured balls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.