Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1204 times
Chutpat spinach is a vegetable recipe which can be prepared in a jiffy with spinach leaves chopped, boiled and then sauteed with onion, tomatoes and masala powders. Enjoy with rotis.
- Wash and cut spinach finely. and cook with little water, turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook tuvar dal.
- Grind freshly grated coconut, red chilli, jeera and make paste with little water.
- Once the spinach is cooked add boiled & mashed dal and coconut,chilli,jeera paste and allow it to boil. now add salt to taste. it takes just 5 mins to boil. once it is ready give tadka with mustard and jeera.
- This gravy is very tasty and rich with dal and coconut which can be eaten with rice if it made little more gravy or with chapati or puri, etc.
- Children specially enjoy this as this is less spicy and tasty because of coconut and dal.
This recipe was contributed by raji1905 on 25 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.