Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5145 times
1.oil your hands before you peel garlic to prevent your fingers from discolouring and to prevent having a lingering garlic aroma throughout the day! soaking garlic cloves in hot water makes it easier to peel them. make this chutney in large quantities. it stays well refrigerated for upto two weeks.
2.this sweet and sour chutney blend spruces up almost all chaat recipes.
the addition of jaggery makes the chutney sweeter, but you may omit it if you prefer a more tangy flavour.
an essential accompaniment to most chaats, this chutney can be stored refrigerated for upto a month and deep frozen for more than 6 months. you can also purée the chutney in a food processor and then strain it.
3.serve green chutney with dhoklas and other snacks
Add your private note
Chutneys(garlic,green,date-imli) recipe - How to make Chutneys(garlic,green,date-imli)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender with ¼ cup of water and grind to a fine paste.
- Before using, dilute with water and use as required.
- Wash the dates and tamarind and place them in a saucepan.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and 4 cups of water and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Use as required. store refrigerated.
- Put all the ingredients ina liquidiser and grind into a paste, adding a little water if necessary.
- Use as required
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.