Chuki Moong Dal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6632 times
My mother used to make for me for breakfast. It is made very fast and easy to cook
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker, add the asafoetida, mustard seeds ,bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and saute for few minutes till it becomes slight brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, dried mango powder,coriander powder,garam masala, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and mix well.
- Add soaked and drained moong dal, mix well and add add 1-1/2 cup water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- CServe hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sandeepika on 25 Dec 2012cooking is my hobby like to discover new recipies
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.