Christmas Candy Cane Cookies
by Madhu Parwani
This recipe has been viewed 785 times
These sweet buttery cookies can be served on Christmas Eve. Children as well as adults will love these colourful cane shaped cookies.
Add your private note
Christmas Candy Cane Cookies recipe - How to make Christmas Candy Cane Cookies
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 54 cookies
- Combine 1 cup sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl, mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt, mix well until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Stir together peppermint candy and 2 tablespoon sugar, keep aside.
- For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface.
- Place 1 red and white rope side by side, press together lightly and twist to form a spiral.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make more cookies.
- Place them on ungreased cookie sheet, curve the top of cookie down to form handle of cane.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 190°c (375°f) for 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown.
- Once baked immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Madhu Parwani on 31 Dec 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.