Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8809 times
It is an authentic Bengali recipe. Chana dal cooked with whole garam masala and coconut. Goes well with puri. Can also be had with rice too, accompanied with begun bhaja (brinjal fry)
- Pressure cook the soaked chana dal till soft but not mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and red chillies.
- After they stop spluttering, add the ginger and coconut and saute till the coconut turns slightly brown.
- Add the cooked dal, salt, sugar, turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes in low flame.
- When done, add ghee and serve.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 07 Apr 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.