Chola Dal Dhokla, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33110 times
Chola Dal is a valuable addition to your kitchen pantry, as it is rich in nutrients and can be used to make healthy snacks like this.
Here, we have combined chola dal with greens like spinach, fenugreek leaves and dill to make quick, easy and super-tasty dhoklas.
Apart from the characteristic flavours lent by fenugreek and dill, we have also used taste-givers like ginger, green chillies and asafoetida to boost the flavour further.
Go all out on the garnish, as coriander really boosts the aroma and taste of this dish. Being rich in fibre, the Chola Dal Dhokla is apt for a diabetic diet. It can be served at tea-time, or even packed and carried to work.
Try other healthy diabetic snacks like Non Fried Besan Chakli .
- Combine the chola dal, spinach, fenugreek leaves, dill leaves and ginger-green chilli paste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using ½ cup of water.
- Transfer it in a deep bowl, add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it and mix gently.
- Pour batter into a 175 mm. (7") diameter greased thali and spread it in a circular motion to make an even layer.
- Steam the dhoklas in a steamer for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and cut it into 19 square pieces.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||140.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.